The Project Superintendent is responsible for adhering to established processes through management of day-to day project activities, implementing and enforcing safe work practices, acting as Ideal Company’s on-site representative. Eligible candidates will actively work with project teams to meet and exceed client expectations.
- We work throughout the U.S., so you should be willing to travel the large majority of the time for this position.
- Commercial construction experience, with focus on “ground up” projects.
- We prefer to have at least 2 years of commercial construction experience in restaurants, healthcare & retail facilities.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, specifications, documents, etc.
- Must have ability to use computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook), tablet, & smart phone as required by clients.
- Will need to have a valid driver’s license, reliable means of daily transportation, as you will be required to travel to and from projects, etc.
- We are a drug-free workplace, that expects a high degree of integrity.
- Willingness to self-perform small construction items that may arise, possible punch list items, and to work some weekends as needed.
- Full Management and implementation of plans, specifications, building construction & layout, site construction & layout, schedule, safety program, suppliers, subcontractors, etc.
- Monitor & maintain the progress, performance, and quality of all construction throughout the project.
- Aggressively push to finish projects on time, efficiently, and under budget.
- Maintain a clean and organized jobsite.
- Daily oversite to lead the entire jobsite construction process.
- Schedule and direct all subcontractor activities, equipment, deliveries, inspections, etc.
- Participate in the preparation and updating of project schedules, including submitting weekly progress reports & digital pictures.
- Multitasking & problem-solving is required in this position, so the ability to look ahead and plan is very important.
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of construction, trade responsibilities, construction methods, building products, etc.
- Support Project Management team in developing and implementing project procedures, documents, & standards.
- Leadership, management, and supervisory skills are required, to ensure that there is positive & effective communication throughout the project team.
- Procure materials, pricing, and vendors as necessary and give to the Project Manager.
- Document all lost days such as weather, no show, or any other item affecting the project schedule.
- Coordinate daily with the Project Manager, as necessary.
- Competitive Salary Pay
- Personal Vehicle Allowance to cover all work-related fuel and maintenance expenses, for the duration of each project
- Personal Phone & Data Allowance
- Weekly Food Per Diem
- Lodging is paid by company, while traveling for work
- Medical Insurance – Shared between employee & company
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Pay
- 401K – We offer management of your self-funded account
- Limited Life Insurance Policy
- Vision Insurance – Available, at expense of employee
- Dental Insurance – Available, at expense of employee
- Short Term Insurance – Available, at expense of employee
- Long Term Insurance – Available, at expense of employee
Apply for this Position »